Saturday, April 26, 2014

Banana Fosters Pancakes



















A perfect Sunday morning feast!
At work this week we made banana fosters all week as a dessert with vanilla ice cream(this did not suck!). I love this as a breakfast with pancakes or french toast. The bananas soak up the sugar and evolve into that perfect consistency. I have played with this using plantains which are great and a heartier texture. They take a little longer to cook.
 I tried four different pancake recipes but I didn't really like any of them enough to post it here, so just use what ever pancake batter you like. I am still seeking that perfect pancake recipe... Let me know if you have a great one!
I also wrote this as a one person per serving.

Ingredients-
1/2 Banana sliced
3 Tbl Butter
2 Tbl Brown Sugar
1oz Rum
Pancake batter

Directions-
1. Make your pancakes and hold them in the oven at 170 degrees.
2. In a medium saute pan over medium heat add butter, once melted add your brown sugar and cook for  60-90 seconds. Plate up your pancakes.
3. Add bananas and cook for 45 seconds flip over bananas and cook for 30 more seconds.
4. Add rum and flambe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1QcTtMrkpE here is a video to help. Once the flame goes out pour bananas and sauce over the pancakes ...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment